This simple breakfast is very satisfying, it takes just minutes to prepare and there is no need to cook the buckwheat unless you want a creamier texture.
2 cups raw Buckwheat Groats, (note: this is not the same as Kasha) soaked in water overnight
1 ¼ cups almond milk
2 tbsp golden flax or chia seeds (optional)
Pinch of sea salt (or Kosher)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Place raw organic buckwheat groats and 4 cups of water in a bowl. Soak overnight. After soaking, rinse well in a strainer several times.
2. Place the rinsed buckwheat groats and almond milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to simmer for 8-12 minutes until tender.
3. Pour the cooked groats into food processor or blender, along with the almond milk, flax or chia seeds, salt and vanilla. Process until combined and slightly smooth.
4. Add in the cinnamon to taste.
5. Scoop into four bowls or parfait glasses and add your desired toppings & mix-ins.
6. Serve immediately but leftovers will store refrigerated for a few days.
Chunkie Dunkies increase Breast Milk!A substance that increases milk supply is called a galactagogue.